Diamond In The Ruff’s objective is to match you with the best animal for your lifestyle, family, other pets, and living situations. We look forward to helping you find your next forever family member! Check out all of our adoptable animals.
We offer a 50% adoption discount for qualified applicants that are serving or are retired members of the United States military .
Seniors for Seniors Discount
Our Seniors for Seniors program offers a 50% discount to qualified applicants over the age of 65 interested in adopting an animal age 7 or older.
What is the process for adopting an animal?
- Before potential adopters can physically meet a foster animal outside of our open adoption events, we require them to register on our site and submit an adoption application. Check out our scheduled adoption events.
- After applications are reviewed, suitable applicants are contacted to set up a home visit/personal interview with one of our volunteers. This meeting is designed to answer any questions adopters may have about a particular animal or our adoption process. These meetings are dependent on the availability of approved volunteers in your area.
- Once the application and home visit are complete and approved, the Adoption Committee reviews all approved applications for the animal to find the best fit.
- Once approved applicant is chosen, a meeting will be arranged between the foster parent, animal, and adopter wherein the adoption fee is collected and contracts are signed. The foster animal then goes to its new forever home and, after the adopters are given a week-long trial period, the adoption is finalized.
- A Diamond In The Ruff volunteer may contact the adoptive family after 72 hours to see how everyone is settling in as well as answer any questions.
- After the week trial period is up, we will deposit the adoption fee and distribute the animals vet records and microchip information in a timely fashion by email.
Please keep in mind, Diamond In The Ruff is a 100% volunteer run organization and we will process your applications as fast as possible. If you have any questions about your application, contact our Application Committee at email@example.com. If you have questions about an animal’s vet records, please contact our Healthcare Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.